I was getting a bit fed up with jumping the car battery up to 3 times a day in wintery weather so I took up a friend's offer to put in a spare battery and see if the battery was really the problem as every time I had the darn thing checked at the dealer the battery registered as being fine. Well, one week in and no jumping. Kim and Pat have told me to keep their spare as long as I need it and Pat will put in a new one when I can buy one, without a rush. Thank God for Friends.
Ever have a day you wish you just stayed in bed and took no action. Wednesday, I took the day off work to get my water situation fixed as the plumber was here on Tuesday out and said my very low water pressure was a problem at the well's pump and nothing he could do inside. Ist well guy came, shook his head and told me he was off for Thanksgiving out of town. Second well guy called, called me back telling me he was too busy to come out. Third guy came out with his helper and dug a hole, cut the hose to the pump, cut the electric to the pump, took out my gate and fence, a bush, cracked my driveway, rutted my lawn, charged me $650, left me waterless, and told me I need a new well cause they could not get the pump off the old one.
Spent Thanksgiving at Karen and Anthony's. They had gone to New York to visit Anthony's mother. So, in their absence we cooked our dinner, took showers, and did laundry. Thank God for Friends.
Today, after an e-mail to Deb detailing my lack of water, Stephen came by and hooked me up to the neighbor's hose so I have water to do dishes and flush toilets. Never appreciate water more than when you don't have it. Stephen is going to send the well company that works for him over to look at the pump and see if they can get it off. Thank God for Friends.
When you are at wits end because of late child support, difficulties in raising children, difficulties in paying bills, stress, lack of a running car, or lack or water - remember to count your blessings and Thank God for Friends.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there Ann! You are very welcome for the battery and car help! I am so sorry to hear about the water situation. I was thinking about you all weekend about it. We were in NC, so I couldn't get time to call or email. Hope it's been taken care of now. If not, come on over for showers and stuff! :)
Post a Comment